Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Mondays

So for awhile now I have been telling all sorts of people about this blog that another friend (Thank you Jenny!) turned me on to:

If you haven’t checked it out, you should. The author is an amazing photographer/artist, with a zany sense of humor, and a very realistic take on motherhood and life in general.

She also started this wonderfully fun phenomenon called “Not Me Mondays” – an opportunity to be “brutally honest” – or real with a capital “R”! So after you read my “Not Me Monday” post, be sure to check out her blog. You won’t be sorry you did.


~~~

NOT ME MONDAY

This week I never would have desperately tried to avoid grocery shopping by forcing my husband to eat tuna sandwiches multiple days in row. Nor would I try to sneak whole-wheat noodles into his lasagna without warning him. I mean who would deliberately deceive their husband like that – not me!

Nor was I surprised to find that after hastily trying to dry my poorly rinsed flip-flops, the entire inside of my drier was lined with gummy mud. I mean, who would expect the drier to its job and the job of the washer? Not me!

During our first-ever golfing date, I most certainly did not drive my normally patient husband to a point of pure aggravation. Not me! And I didn’t even smirk, when he missed a shot, tossed his club, and got it stuck 25-30 feet in the air, among the thick branches of the pine trees that lined the course. I mean laughing at that ironic misfortune would be totally cruel. Who would do such a thing – not me!

And I definitely didn’t go nearly a whole day eating nothing but oatmeal cookies, justifying my actions by telling myself that they might go bad if I didn’t eat them up quickly. Nope – I’d never! And then when I shared a cookie with a friend, I wasn’t relieved that I would now be able to say that I hadn’t eaten all the cookies myself. Now, that would just be silly.

And of course, who would write up a “Not Me Monday” post on Sunday, just because they had company coming, and they knew that the next day was going to be crazy busy? That would be ridiculous. Certainly not me!

Okay, I did all of those things, but being brutally honest is pretty refreshing. I’m definitely going to have to do this more often. Let’s face it, no one is perfect, right? Well, certainly not me! Now check out MckMama's website below for more "Not Me Monday" fun.
~~~

1 comment:

  1. great nmm's!!!!

    http://lisanoel03.blogspot.com/2009/05/not-me-monday-6-1-09.html

    ReplyDelete