Friday, June 26, 2009

The Boy Scout Motto

It's raining.

It's not supposed to rain here on the high arid plains, but it is.

Our grass is loving it.

Our garden is loving it.

I'm loving it.

I'm also loving the fact that Juliette and I went for a run early this morning, before the rain. She did great - I on the other hand - well, let's just say I'm glad I'm alive . . . barely alive.

Along the way we saw the cutest little baby skunk, but luckily it didn't see us. Too bad I didn't have my camera again. You'd think I'd learn to take that thing with me everywhere - because you just never know when you might need it.

It's good to be prepared. You never know when it is going to rain, or when you are going to spot a teensy-weensy black-and-white stink ball, or when you're going to die (and I mean the real thing, not just the way I felt after trying to conquer the big hill while pushing the jogging stroller).

That's right. Die.

Everyone has been talking about the deaths of certain celebrities today. I just hope they were prepared.

There are certain things in life that are certain. Like it or not death will come to all of us. Somber, I know, but not thinking about it doesn't change the fact. Rainy days come, exciting adventures come, and death comes. Am I prepared? Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment