Monday, June 29, 2009

Not-Me-Monday - Sleep Deprivation and More

Whew - what a week it has been. I can hardly believe that it is Monday already. Between our anniversary, Seth's golf tournament, a trip to The Big City, a wedding, visiting with my aunt, visiting my grandparents, visiting my parents, shopping, etc. I am not tired one bit. My eyelids aren't heavy, I'm not pinching myself to stay awake, and I definitely didn't indulge myself in a nap when Juliette was taking hers this morning. Nope not me!

Last night, I also did not fall asleep on the couch 15 minutes after Seth and I started watching an episode of "Planet Earth". No, I would never sleep through a television program or a movie. And I certainly would not have slept through the fact that Seth then quickly switched the movie out for a DVD of his favorite show"Wings", when he noticed his lovely snoring wife fast asleep. . . er, I mean not-snoring wife completely riveted to the documentary on fresh water.

Seth and I did not indulge in some fast-food while we were in the Big City. Not even a frosty with french-fries. That would totally off-set all of the training I've been doing for the October Marathon, and I would never sabotage my training. Nope, not me!

Speaking of running, I would never take my daughter out in her jogger while still in her pajamas, or slather so much sunscreen on her, that it looks like I haven't washed her hair in a week. No, not me!



While we got to see a lot of family this weekend, we definitely did not run out of time and have to ask some of my sisters and my brother to meet us in the Qdoba parking lot so we could at least spend some time with them before we headed back to here to the High Arid Plains.

Nor would I have trouble getting my sisters to pose for a picture with Juliette.


The camera is this way everyone.



Look at me this time.


Okay, I think this is the best we're going to get.



I also didn't make Seth and his three buddies take Juliette with them golfing, so I could have the luxury of attending my meeting un-distracted. Making her suffer in the mid-day heat, trapped in her stroller, surrounded by golf-crazed guys is just cruel. I would never do that. Not me!

And while I was at that meeting, I did not feel old when I saw a couple of the preteens that used to be in the youth group that I worked with in college, and I realized that they have now all just finished their first year of college. How can they be so grown-up already. Yikes!

Visiting with everyone this weekend, I wasn't surprised to hear that some people are actually reading my crazy posts from time-to-time. Nor did I feel really dumb when I was telling them a story and they said, "Oh yeah, we read about that on your blog". I mean who would constantly repeat themselves? I mean who would constantly repeat themselves? Not me!

~~~
For more Not-Me-Monday fun click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment