Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Seth remembers almost all of his dreams, not only the next morning, but the next year! I continue to be amazed by that fact, mostly because I, on the other hand, can't hardly even recall my dreams five minutes after I wake up. Beyond a vague recollection of hazy images and events, I've got nothing. I certainly don't remember my dreams six months later, with clarity!

I wonder if Juliette remembers her dreams?




Unless the LORD builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it . . .
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep. (Excerpts from Ps. 127)

I love the idea the God takes care of His children, blessing them even as they sleep! I mean who could ask for a better excuse to take a nap?

So to the beloved: Sweet Dreams. Who cares whether we can remember them or not!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I am an avid dream-rememberer. This is usually great fun, especially if I dream up my friends in weird situations (ask Jaci about me stealing things from her in my dream). However, sometimes I can have some pretty wicked and vivid nightmares. I will remember this the next time I wake up afraid--and have some peace.

    ReplyDelete