Monday, August 31, 2009

Not-Me-Monday: A Bostonian Experience

This week I headed to Boston for 5 days, only taking these two bags. Remember, I promised I'd blog about this if it was a success?

For the most part, it worked wonderfully. Of course, I did not have to borrow some clothes, when the clothes dryer I had planned on using didn't really work. And on the way home, when I had the option of lugging these two heavy bags around the airport or putting them in the semi-empty suitcase my mother was checking, I certainly did not choose the later. And of course, the airline did not lose that semi-empty suitcase. And I hadn't just told my sister that I had never lost any luggage in all the years that I have traveled. No way. That would just be totally ironic. Nope, that would never happen to me!

Our trip was wonderful - and there will be plenty of pictures and stories coming later this week. Of course, I didn't nearly lose all of my pictures when I accidentally threw my camera away yesterday. Nor did I nearly go crazy searching the house high and low for it. Providentially, I decided to dig through the trash, and I did not find it happily nestled between stale popcorn and a Sonic drive-thru bag. No, I always take good care of my electronics, especially those that hold valuable images. No, I'd never do something that bird-brained. Not me!

Packing so light, I did not heavily improvise when it came to "containing" Juliette. I certainly didn't make her sleep in a dresser drawer all week . . .

. . . or take advantage of the fact that the glass top to the coffee table was in the process of being replaced in my sister's apartment.

I'd never use anything but "safe and approved" playpens and cribs for my child. Nor would I try to convince her that coasters and Tupperware are great "pseudo-toys". Nope, not me!

This week, when climbing the Bunker Hill Monument . . .


. . . I definitely did not think I was going to pass out climbing the 200+ steps. I mean, I'm supposed to be in semi-decent shape, training for an upcoming race and all. I'd never suck wind and have to stop and rest on nearly every landing. And at sea level too. Nope, not me!

We didn't visit Mike's Pastry Shop while were were sight-seeing in the Italian part of the city.


And we definitely didn't go back there the very next day to get more tasty treats. No way! (I'm certain this didn't have any effect on making it to the top of the Bunker Hill monument either!)

We never misread train schedules, got lost, or barely missed the ferry. And I certainly didn't just lean against a trash bin and nurse Juliette in the scorching sun, while waiting on the pier for the ferry to return.

Nope, not me!

I definitely did not mispronounce the names of various places throughout the Boston area. And the man at the information desk at the train depot, didn't laugh at my butchering of the town Gloucester - calling it "Glou-chester" instead of "Glo-sta". Nope, not me!

And we weren't so tired by the end of the third day of sightseeing, that we actually took naps on the beach. No, you'd never find me so desperately tired that I'd try catching a few winks of shut-eye on hard rocks, surrounded by the deafening roar of pounding surf and screeching sea-gulls. And I'd certainly not wake up feeling well-rested and refreshed. Nope, not me!


~~~

Go here for more Not-Me-Monday fun::

No comments:

Post a Comment