Monday, August 17, 2009

Not-Me-Monday: Running on Fumes

I already posted a few of the crazy things we did not do this week - particularly involving a rope, a four-wheeler, and a wake board. After that, everything else we did not do this week seems pretty mild.

This weekend we went to the Big City and did a lot of work around our rental house there. We installed new screens and smoke detectors, and did our best to clean-up the yard. I definitely did not make Juliette hang out in her stroller the entire time, even though she really needed a nap (and a diaper change!). And we definitely wouldn't be so pressed for time, that I even left her in the stroller when the rain started down-pouring, and we were scrambling around to get everything finished. What is a stroller canopy for anyways? Nope, not me!

We certainly did not spray chemical weed killer in the back. Organic, natural, recycling, earth-loving me? No way! And if I would have done such a thing, I absolutely would have had the sense to wear adequate protection on my body while I was spraying those evil, flesh-burning, chemicals. Who wears flip-flops while doing yard work anyways? Nope, not me! (But really, you should have seen these weeds, Seth couldn't even whack them down with a weed eater, but had to pull their massive redwood-like stalks out with his own bare hands. Which certainly didn't make me marvel at his sheer strength - no way!).

We didn't leave the rental house, covered in dirt, mud, grass-clippings, and chemicals, with only 45 minutes to spare before Seth was supposed to be an usher at a wedding. No way! We always give ourselves plenty of time to get cleaned up. And I definitely didn't do my make-up in the car, let my hair dry on the way, and sneak my straightener down to the church basement to fix my hair moments before the wedding started.

The wedding was beautiful, and I didn't even get choked up when the groom started crying when he saw his bride walking down the aisle. I'm not that sappy - nope, not me!

After the wedding we went to watch some of my younger brothers and sisters play for a musical festival, and then we had a huge family picture taken with my sister who was visiting in town with her soon-to-be fiance. We have not had a family picture in . . . well . . . I don't know . . . maybe three years? Or something like that. I certainly never forget those sorts of things.



My dad, sisters, and their significant others

My step-father, mom, aunt and her son (left-hand side) and my brothers and sisters.

I on the other hand, did not neglect to take a single picture this entire weekend. Nope, not me!

After church yesterday, we went out to eat and then headed home. Our plan was to get gas in a town that is about half-way between The Big City and the High Arid Plains. Seth and I definitely did not zone out, and completely forget to fill up the tank. Nor did we drive the last 30 miles of our trip with the low-fuel sign on. I mean, who pushes their car to within a 1/3 of gallon of gas? Not me!

Last night, we definitely did not laze around on the couch ALL evening, watching Netflix's movies. Nor did Seth and I both fall asleep on the couch by nine-thirty. I never fall asleep watching a movie - nope, not me. Definitely, not me!
~~~
More Not-Me-Monday Fun:

1 comment:

  1. You sound so up and happy it was a joy to come across your face book link today. I'm also considering the "School" thing again. I'm just diving in -- teaching Anatomy and Physiology --only after 16 years away!!!!

    ReplyDelete