Sunday, August 23, 2009

Not Me Monday: Tossing, Turning, and Bad Mothering

This week I most definitely not drink a soda on two separate occasions, and then wonder why I was still tossing and turning at one a.m. I am not super sensitive to caffeine, and if I was, I certainly would not drink such sugary, bad-for-you concoctions so close to bedtime. Nope, not me!



I did not neglect to cut up my child's snack into little pieces, and subsequently watch her choke, much to the horror of several moms that I was picnicking with. I did not just casually tell her to spit it out, and nonchalantly coaxed the "larger" chunks out with my finger, while the other mom's practically had to hold themselves back from dialing 9-1-1. Not me!



At that same picnic, I did not just decide to turn the car on, leave it running in the parking lot, and let Juliette take her nap there, instead of in her quiet, comfortable bed. No, I always make sure that she gets the best possible rest in the best possible environment. And I'd never put my desire to visit with friends ahead of her needs. Nope, not me!



My husband is definitely not planning on purchasing a boat while I am away in Boston this week. He would never make such a huge purchase without me, and besides he has not tired of wake boarding "redneck" style. No sirree!



I definitely didn't let Juliette feed herself a whole package of blueberries. Or document the aftermath.





Oxi-clean has not become my new favorite stain remover either!


And during one of those late night tossing and turning sessions, it did not suddenly dawn on me that I have not sanitized or even washed my daughter's pacifiers in weeks. And my daughter certainly doesn't still use a pacifier. And I definitely don't feel guilty about giving it to her. Nope, not me!

~~~

More Not-Me-Monday Fun Here:

1 comment:

  1. LOL Happy Not Me Monday. Loved the wake boarding. Shared with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete