Friday, August 21, 2009

Hodge Podge

* Juliette was caught standing on her on Tuesday. She hasn't done it since - but it can only be a matter of time. She has, however, figured out how to repeatedly open the doors to our entertainment center. DVDs are her new favorite plaything.

* I'm getting excited about my upcoming trip to Boston next week. I've never been to the North East, so this will be a new experience. We're trying to pack light, as the whole purpose of the trip is to help my younger sister move out there to go to school. So I'm determined to pack 4 days worth of necessities into my purse and diaper bag. If I succeed, I'll be sure to blog about it.

*Seth and I had a wonderful time at our new state's film festival last night. We got to watch a 1920's silent film (Sky High), which was accompanied by a live musical ensemble from the state university. I've never seen a silent film in the theatre, so it was a real treat. Seth's great-grandmother used to play the organ/piano for the silent movies. She must have been very talented - because playing such a variety of mood music based strictly on visual cues, and for such an extended time would require an immense amount of flexibility and stamina.

*Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness, Morning by morning new mercies I see, All I have needed, Thy hand has provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me. This is such a fabulous hymn - definitely one of my favorites. Today when Chris Rice's version of it came on the radio I was struck by how, when I envision the future I seldom think about all of the "new mercies" that lie ahead. Instead I think of the possible ways things could go bad, all of the trials I might have to face. I never say, "Wow, I can't wait to see what amazing mercies I'm going to see". Imagine how differently I'd live my life if I changed my mindset. Going to start working on that.

*Finally, a weekend home. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good point about the "new mercies". I invision all the ways things can go wrong too many times, yet I get frustrated with other people's negative attitude. LOL If I'm getting frustrated with other people what is God thinking when I do the same thing?

    ReplyDelete