Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Seeking Your Prayers

This year has been a whirlwind for us, as many of you know. Don't get me wrong, we have been abundantly blessed by God's faithfulness over the past 12 months, but now we are again faced with another "giant". And for the record - I'm kind of tired of "giants"!

Without giving away the details of my extended family's private lives, I beseech you to keep them in your prayers. They are in a seemingly "hopeless" situation, involving much heartache, ensnaring sin, and years of built up bitterness and relational dysfunction.

Though we are several hours away, I have to confess that the situation is constantly on my mind. In so many ways it feels almost as if I am watching them slowly die an agonizing, self-inflicted death. And in many ways, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. And, yet even as Seth and I continue to implore heaven, I confess that I feel helpless and hopeless.

But feelings lie. They are not always the truth. And so today I am clinging to the TRUTH that we serve a God who is in the business of resurrection. And even when all hope has died, I believe that God can still bring about restoration and revival. He just does things like that.

"We do not want you to be uninformed . . . about the hardships we suffered . . . We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." - 2 Cor 1:8-10

Please pray - for us, for them, for restoration, for gracious favor, for truth, for resurrection, and for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment