Tuesday, July 21, 2009

On Its Way Up

Quick Update On Seth: He had his ultrasound yesterday. The technician scanned his belly for 45 minutes and frustratingly said that she couldn't find anything abnormal. Praise the Lord! I'm not sure what the next step will be (May I suggest a blood work retest?), but seeing as Seth has had no symptoms, pain, or even the slightest discomfort, I'm not too worried about it. Besides, our lives are in God's hands anyhow. So that's the latest. Consider yourself "in-the-know".
~~~
Recently my sister-in-law answered the question, "Glass half empty, or half full?" with the reply, "Half full, or at least on its way up". I totally love that response, and if it is okay with her, I'm going to start using it. I mean let's face it, life isn't always hunky-dory, rainbows and roses, yellow smiley faces, feel-good good. Sometimes life disappoints us, turns us upside down, and well, leaves us feeling drained - definitely more empty than full. Anyone who says otherwise either is in denial, or hasn't lived long enough.

But "half-empty" doesn't cut it for me either. Especially because Christ has given us some major promises to hold onto during those "draining" times - promises that He'll never leave us, that He'll work everything out for good, promises that He has a plan for our lives, and that, even when it feels like we're lower than low, we are ultimately "on our way up" to be with Him. So even though I used to always say that I was a "half-full" sorta gal, thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, I going to be honest from here on out and say, "If it ain't half-full, it's at least on its way up".
~~~


Seth and my in-laws on our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment