Monday, July 13, 2009

Not-Me-Monday: Pickles, Pooches, and Unpacking

Yeah - Not-Me-Monday is back! I certainly did not skip it last week because I was still in 'vacation mode' and continued to be until the end of the week. 'Vacation mode' did not include any of the following: sleeping in, slacking on chores, eating left-over junk food. No, I would never practice any of those bad habits!

Apparently my husband was not ready to come back to real life either, because he definitely did not wait to unpack his bag until this morning - more than a week after our trip! I never nagged him about it either. Nope, not me!

This week I did not let my child play unattended in her bedroom. Nor was I surprised to discover the reason why she was so content.






I did not whack my bangs this week, because I was just having a bad hair day. And when I tried to fix them with hairspray, the thought didn't dawn on me that I was using the same hairspray(and eyeshadow, and blush, and lipstick!) that I used for our wedding. Our wedding was over two years ago, and that stuff has to get bad - or at least less effective. But I would never be so miserly as to keep stuff around past its prime. Nope, not me!

I did not ask my husband to bathe and dress our child, so that I could go on a long training run Saturday morning. And I certainly never walk during my training "runs". Not even on my short runs. No sir! I'm in serious training.

Seth didn't dress Jewel in a dress AND jeans, and I definitely didn't think that the combo was so cute that I just left her in the outfit the entire day.

And when Seth asked if I like the outfit, I definitely didn't ask him if he knew that the 'shirt' was actually a dress. And he wasn't at all surprised to find out that he doesn't know the difference between the two.


This week I didn't transport Seth and some of his friends to go fishing, which included dropping off the trailer at the pull-out, only to find that I could not disconnect the trailer. Nor did I frantically scan the horizon for any able-bodied men to help. Seth had said that the trailer would be light, and the idea that maybe his faith in my physical abilities might be a little skewed did not cross my mind. Nor was he absolutely right in that the trailer was really light, and all I had to do was drive our SUV forward a little bit to un-stick the ball and hitch. I mean I wouldn't try to lift the weight of the trailer AND the SUV. Nope, not me!

I did not change my Facebook profile picture several times - mostly because I kept thinking that my shirt made me look a little too chubby in the middle in this one, even though I really think it is the best picture of all of us. I mean I don't care one bit if someone thinks that I might still have a baby pooch. I'm not vain like that! Definitely not.


I did not give Juliette a pickle, while we were enjoying a dinner out this week. I mean, are pickle's even okay for babies to eat?


Speaking of eating, I definitely didn't find Juliette eating a used q-tip this week. I mean that is REALLY gross. Nope, not me. Certainly, not me.

~~~

For more Not-Me-Monday fun, click here:

1 comment:

  1. Haha, That was My favorite one youve done!(that's only the second one I read)LOL

    ReplyDelete