Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Good Cry Never Hurt Nobody

Last night I just needed to have a good cry.

My grandmother says that everyone needs to have a good cry everyonce in awhile "just to wash your eyes out".

My eyes are much cleaner now.

I was crying in part because this has just been a crazy week, and I haven't had enough sleep (that will do it to me everytime!). In my "weakened" state, I was also a bit overwhelmed by Juliette's cranky "my-gums-are-super-swollen-and-I'm miserable" attitude.

Then to top it all off, Seth's lab results FINALLY came back from his life insurance screen yesterday. We found out last week that he had been denied coverage due to his blood work, but we weren't sure what the results were and/or why he wasn't eligible. After a few faxes, a few phone calls, and a few days, we finally got the results.

And they don't look good.

At least according to our internet research, however accurate that is. But it is all we have to go off of at this point.

So, according to the results, it looks like he has something pretty severe going on with his liver. He tested negative for Hepatitis A, B, and C, and excessive alcohol consumption. But there are still a lot of other factors that need to be ruled out, such as fatty liver disease, genetic weaknesses, medication or environmental poisoning, etc. All of his liver numbers are high, but one of them is 10 times the usual clinical range high. Yikes!

He heads to the local physician today to get retested. We're praying the new numbers better. Ultimately we trust that God is in control, and that He has a plan; but I'm not going to lie, part of me is pretty scared.

Last Sunday we were studying 2 Corinthians. How appropriate this portion is for us today:

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:16-18

These bodies of ours aren't made to last forever, but we were made for eternity. No matter what the test numbers are, good or bad, it doesn't change that truth.

So I had my little . . . er, I mean big cry last night. And my eyes feel much better now.

2 comments:

  1. Angela, that is so scary. We will be praying for ya'll. Please let us know what you find out. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm here after you've found out that things are not as dire, but I can say I understand the need for that cry. Sometimes we just need that release and the outlook is a bit renewed.

    ReplyDelete