Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Fever

The weather has been glorious lately. I've traded in the heavy down jacket for mud boots. I no longer have to start the car a half hour before I plan to go some where, just so the stiff leather seats have a chance to thaw out a little. I've even been comfortable leaving a sippy cup in the backseat for a couple of hours, because I knew it wouldn't freeze and explode.

Of course, March is supposedly our snowiest month here on the High Arid Plains, and I know that the weather man is probably not lying when he says that we have snow in our near future. But I can't help but let my spirit soar when I hear the sound of robins, or take in the intoxicating smell of damp, fertile soil. Spring may not be here, but it is coming.

And just because I might see a few (okay probably a lot more than a few) snowflakes before spring is truly here, I'm not going to stop enjoying the signs that spring is on its way. So if you see me smiling a little more brightly, wearing short sleeves, and walking with a little more pep in my get-up, please don't worry. I'm completely aware spring isn't here. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a little spring fever, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment