Monday, March 1, 2010

Not-Me-Monday: On the Road

Two weeks ago we did a lot of traveling in the car. And I definitely did not use some "coping methods" to keep Juliette content. I would never resort to giving her a lollipop to preserve the peace. Nor would I quickly unwrap a second lollipop when the first one had disappeared. Not me!



I did not hide out in the hotel bathroom during Juliette's nap time, because I had a hunch that she might fall asleep quicker if she couldn't see me. And I did not post a status update on Facebook confessing that I was using the internet from our hotel bathroom. Not me!



While we were eating out, Juliette did not get to taste the whipped cream on Daddy's hot chocolate. Nor did I seriously contemplate not pulling out my camera, because the people at the next table over kept saying, "I bet they wish they had a camera right about now". I mean, I'm never embarrassed to admit that I am a doting mother that enjoys taking countless pictures of her child. Nope, not me.







I did not use lotion on my hair instead of conditioner. Nope, I always read the tiny print on the hotel-provided toiletries very carefully.

And on our way home, I did not give Juliette her own piece of pizza and allow her to make a complete mess in her car seat. That would be a ridiculous thing for a neat freak like me to do. Definitely, not me!







I didn't give her a napkin after the fact either. Why bother? Seriously.

~~~


Want to join the confessional Not-Me-Monday fun? Go to:


1 comment:

  1. Oh, the things we do *not* do to keep our children entertained! I am *never* guilty of turning the DVD player on the way home from the store just to THINK in silence :)

    ReplyDelete