Monday, October 5, 2009

Not-Me-Monday: Crayola Crumbs

This week I did not feed my child a casserole that contained chipolte peppers. And even though I did my very best to pick all of them out, I did not miss a few. Nor did I watch my sweet little girl's eyes well up with tears as she attempted to eat her spicy dinner. I'd never be that cruel. Nope, not me.


After leaving Juliette home alone with Seth for an entire day, so that I could attend a ladies' day retreat, I did not come home to find this set-up in our dining room:



Juliette did not have any fun with her daddy while her mommy was away.

This week we did not invite several of Seth's coworkers over for dinner, and then just serve them pre-made pizza. I'd never invite people over for a yummy dinner and then only offer them something they easily could have heated up themselves. Nope, not me. I'm practically Betty Crocker, remember?

This week I also did not let Juliette color, only to find multicolored Crayola crumbs in her teeth. My child does not think that colored wax tastes yummy. No way!

I also did not see our doctor riding his four-wheeler home from his clinic this afternoon, instead of driving his car. Nor did my husband leave for work this morning dressed in his camouflage jacket and beanie. And when I asked him if other people at his professional office dressed that way, he did not answer that his outfit "definitely wasn't considered out of place". I don't live in a laid-back, anything goes town. Nope, not me!

~~~

More Not-Me-Monday Fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment