Monday, November 9, 2009

Not-Me-Monday: Lambs, Bunnies, and Beards

November cannot be nearly a third of the way over. I haven't even put up pictures of Juliette in her costume.




Of course, I certainly did not sew her a costume that was supposed to be a sheep but might have been mistaken for a rabbit nearly 1/2 of the time. Nope, not me. I like to create costumes that are clearly identifiable.




I certainly did not take Juliette trick-or-treating either. Not me! She can't walk and she doesn't eat candy, so I would never dress her up, lug her around in one arm and a plastic yellow jack-o-lantern in the other collecting sugar and corn syrup wrapped in bright packages. Nope, not me. And Seth and I didn't eat any of that candy either. No way!



One of the highlights of our vacation/hunting trip was not the fact that Seth shaved his beard. I confess that I am not a little perplexed why his beard should grow faster than the hair on his head. How can one man grow this much facial hair in four weeks?

I certainly did not suggest that since it was Halloween, my husband should shave a crazy partial shave. No way. I'm not silly like that.





Of course, when he came out of the bathroom looking like a total redneck I did not laugh so hard I nearly split my side. Nor, after an hour, did I decide that I just couldn't stand it anymore and order him back into the bathroom to finish off the beard. No, not me. I'm not that shallow.

We had a wonderful time on our trip. Of course, it has not taken me over a week to catch up on laundry, groceries, bills, etc. The fact that Juliette has cut 5 teeth in the past 5 days hasn't had anything to do with the fact that I have been so far behind on everything. And of course, I'd never be glad to use my daughter as an excuse when it comes to not being on top of my chores. Nope, not me. Definitely, not me.


~~~

Join in the Not-Me-Monday style of cathartic confession:

No comments:

Post a Comment