Monday, May 24, 2010

Not-Me-Monday: Sunburn and Snow

This week I did not decide to make ramen noodles, nor did I accidentally pour all of the noodles into a sink of dirty dishes while trying to do the "fancy straining" technique my husband does with just a plate over the sauce pan. I did not decide to salvage as much as I could, by picking out tiny pieces of noodles from around the pile of dirty dishes. That is totally disgusting. Not me.

I did not forget that it is much, much, much warmer in The Big City, nor did decide to mow the lawn without sunscreen - thinking "what's a little sun" on my white (hello practically albino!) shoulders. I have not been refusing all hugs and cuddles from everyone for the past two days because my skin is on fire, either. Not me!

My husband did not confess that a few weeks ago he got into Juliette's crib just to see if he could fit. He is definitely not over the weight limit. I did not laugh and laugh over the mental image of my husband curled up in Juliette's crib, with his big face smooshed against the bars. The thought also did not go through my mind that he is the wackiest guy I know! How does he come up with these things?

I also did not accuse him of lying when he told me that it was snowing here at the house, while I was enjoying 87 degree weather in The Big City. Not me! And then I did not proceed to wear my shorts and flip-flops home, sporting my sunburned shoulders and all, only to find that he wasn't lying and that the weather looked like this:


And after spending a weekend in this weather -

I was not even a little bit bummed about living in a place with only two seasons: Winter and July. Nope. Not me!

~~~

Want to join the confessional Not-Me-Monday fun? Go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment