Friday, April 1, 2011

No Fooling


Yesterday two of my dear friends and I snuck off for a Mom's Only Day of Skiing.  Yippee!  I wanted to make a special treat to share with my partners in crime fun.  But these ladies are also my exercising, healthy eating, wheatgrass juicing friends.

But I found this recipe - tweaked it a bit, and I have to say they are DELICIOUS.  I never thought that no eggs, no oil/butter, and no white sugar would be so tasty.  With no cholestoral and only about a 1/2 a gram of fat per cookie, they are pretty much a guilt-free, no-fooling, feel-good treat. 

So with out further ado, here is the recipe:

 Apricot Oatmeal Yummies

1 tsp. chia seeds (or 2 tsp. flax seeds) soaked in 2 Tbsps. water
1 cup. oats
1 cup. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup. raisins
1/2 cup fresh apricots, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar syrup
1/2 banana mashed
1/2 tsp. lime juice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix chia seeds with water and set aside.  Mix dry ingredients.  Mix wet ingredients and fruit.  Add chia/water mixture.  Combine wet and dry ingredients and spoon onto cookie sheet.  Cook 10 mins our until firm.  Makes 18.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment