Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boston and My Beloved

Seth had a conference in Boston at the beginning of March, so we decided that I would go with him.  With his crazy work/school schedule we needed a little time away together.  Our in-laws were kind enough to agree to take Juliette for the week, so we took a few extra days to enjoy the town - and of course hang out with my sweet sister Courtney.  It was a real treat, because last time I had been there was to help her move.  Now that she has been at school there for a year and a half, she was able to show us around.  I even got to sit in on one of her classes.  It was fun to play college student again - at least until the professor gave out the assignments!



Seth surprised me, and bought us tickets to the Boston Symphony Orchestra.  The symphony hall was so beautiful - and the music was just as lovely!



The one thing Seth said he REALLY wanted to do while we were in Boston was visit MIT and Harvard.  Here is a picture of one of the Harvard dorms.  A little bit nicer than CSU.  Just a little bit.  Haha!



I did manage to coerce Seth into visiting a few historical sites that were not institutes of higher learning.




We had a great time - even though I had worried and worried about how Juliette would do with being apart for that long (and me too, for that matter!).  I even asked my friends to specifically pray for us. Well, Jewel didn't even blink an eye when we dropped her off with Grandpa and Grandma.  And whenever we'd call to check in, she'd talk for about all of thirty seconds and then merrifly head off to play.  The big hug I got on our return made me think that she might have missed me a little however. 

Of course when Grandpa and Grandma left she cried and cried, asking over and over to go "in grandpa's car".  Which just goes to show you should never waste time worrying - it doesn't help, and even if you do worry, it probably isn't even about the right things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment